Thursday 25 May 2017

25TH MAY 2017 ONLINE EDITION OF OUR DAILY MANNA CHRISTIAN DAILY DEVOTIONALS WITH BISHOP DR CHRIS

Topic: NEVER OUTSHINE YOUR "STAR"
( ISAIAH 42:8; 1 CORINTHIANS 3:1-23).
There can be only on sun at a time! Stars are uncountable. They are meant to perform different functions and at different times. Nicholas Fouquet was French King Louis XIV’s Finance Minister during his first reign. In 1661, the Finance Minister died and Nicholas Fouquet was expected to be appointed into that office, though many thought he was best suited for the seat of the Late Prime Minister. Instead, the King abolished the office. Suspecting that he had fallen out of favor with the King, Fouquet decided to stage a party to show “ingratitude” to the King where he made him a guest of honor. This party was tagged, “The glamor of the time,” as it had the best and most brilliant of nobility in Europe at that time in attendance.
The party when on smoothly into the night and everyone called it the spoiler of that time! The next day, very early in the Morning, Nicholas Bouquet was arrested, tried and convicted for stealing the country’s money ( in actual fact, most of the stealing he was accused of, was perpetuated on the King’s behalf and with the King’s permission). Fouquet was imprisoned for over twenty years. Here was a man ( the King) who proudly once declared himself to be, “The State,” being jealous over an earthly, perishable position! But do you know that a greater than Louis XIV is your Lord and Star, Jesus of Nazareth?
Isaiah 42:8 declares: “I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.” God is jealous over His glory! Don’t be caught secretly sharing the glory with Him in your heart. No matter how the year has been, determine to continually acknowledge the God that raised Jesus Christ from dead as your helper and success secret. Rather than flatter and praise Louis XIV, Fouquet’s elaborate party offended the King’s dignity.
Louis did not admit this; instead, he found a very convincing and convenient excuse and opportunity to get rid of a man who had and would have made him feel very insecure, being the star of the day! Apply this principle to your God, your husband, your pastor, your office boss or your government!
Give honor to whom it is due! Wait for your season to be the boss and never deliberately outshine your “Star.” I see you rising! Amen!.

PRAYER POINTS: Take any song of worship as led now!

1. In your own words, pray about today’s WORD as led.

2. I will not take the glory that belongs to God; if I have in any way shared your glory, forgive me, Oh Lord.

3. My Father, help me to submit to the authorities you put over me, so that I might shine when my time comes in Jesus Christ name.

4. Lord, teach me to lift someone up, for me to be lifted.
BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM AND
REV (MRS) FLORA E. KWAKPOVWE (FEK)
CO-PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM..

No comments: