Monday 27 March 2017

WELCOME TO 27TH MARCH 2017 EDITION OF RHEMA FOR LIVING OFM CHRISTIAN DAILY DEVOTIONALS WITH GOD'S GENERALS APOSTLE PROF AND REV DR LIZZY JOHNSON SULEMAN

Scriptural Read: psalm 27

TOPIC:
IF ONLY YOU CAN FEAR GOD 2

TEXT:
He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them."psalm 145:19.
So many people because of the fear of losing their immediate comfort and pleasure compromise their fear of God because it is not deeply rooted in their heart. Pleasure whatever can be compared to the glory that shall be revealed through you if you keep your fear of intact in any circumstance.
Take a look at the life of Joseph in a strange land with no family members around. His only physical sustainer was the Potiphar family. God prospered him but the physical channel there was Potiphar. Not long, a situation arose to threaten his fear of God; the master's wife started making advances towards him. A question as this would have risen in the heart of many, Do I give into my Master's wife advances towards me and fortify my stay in this house enjoying more privileges or do I damn everything and bear the consequences because I fear God? But for Joseph, the first was not an option because the fear of God was rooted in his heart. His utterance and action reveals his stand. He said to her,"How can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God? Genesis 39:9. His fear of God would not permit him to hurt his master who has been very good to him. He called it great wickedness. If truly you fear God, you will not hurt others.

PRAYER
My father, my maker, as I pray now, let the fear of you be rooted in my heart!

©Prince E. Onyedika.

No comments: